Here is a quiz. Let’s say someone says, “Sit,” to a dog, intending the word as a cue. What part of speech is the word, “Sit”? Then, what part of speech is the same word if we say, “Good sit!” afterwards? That was … Continue reading
Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a professional membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to force-free training and pet care philosophies practices and methods. Pet Professional Guild Members Understand Force-Free to mean: No Shock, No Pain, No Choke, No Fear, No Physical Force, No physical Molding, No Compulsion Based Methods are employed to train or care for a pet.
Find a recent Blog
- “Good Sit!”
- News Flash: Dogs Remember
- Practice? Liszt or Chopsticks
- Jekyll and Hyde – Social off Leash but Reactive on Leash?
- Total Recall
- Puppy Biting: Learning the Rules
- But Every Dog is Different!
- Setting Judgment Aside
- Toads, Snakes, Spiders and Chocolate!
- Why Do Cats Purr?
- Sticks and Stones…
- Project Trade: Economics 101
- That Loving Gaze
- Halloween Candy Can Be Hazardous to Pets
- Making It Fun for Performance Dogs