It’s easy to forget that most people don’t know things that we might consider obvious about dogs. A friend was recently chatting with an experienced service dog trainer. The trainer, who will remain anonymous to reduce the potential humiliation, commented … Continue reading
Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a professional membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to force-free training and pet care philosophies practices and methods. Pet Professional Guild Members Understand Force-Free to mean: No Shock, No Pain, No Choke, No Fear, No Physical Force, No physical Molding, No Compulsion Based Methods are employed to train or care for a pet.
Find a recent Blog
- What Most People Don’t Know About Dogs
- Beware of the Behavior Chain
- An Open Letter from the Pet Professional Guild Addressing Pet Behavior and Training Industry Responses to the Use of Remote Electric Shock Delivered to Dogs via the Garmin Delta Smart™ Dog Training System
- Introducing a Puppy or Adult Dog to a Crate
- Reflections of a Force-Free Trainer
- Experts United: Breed Specific Legislation Does Not Work
- Real Food for Your Cat
- What Canine Behavior Experts Say about Breed Specific Legislation
- Just Say “Agh, Agh!”
- Calling Dr. Google And Other Experts
- Dog Bites: Who Is Getting Bitten and Why?
- Breed Specific Legislation: Guesswork Based on Appearance
- What Makes a ‘Good Dog’ and Do Current Dog Training Classes Teach these Skills?
- Does Your Dog Think You’re Management Material?
- The Power of Project Trade