Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Preventing Dog Reactivity with a Barrier
- Dogs Require Daily Enrichment
- An Open Letter To Pet Retailers Concerning The Availability of Pet Training and Management Devices That Deliver Electric Shock
- Burnout: When Trying to Do Good Makes You Feel Bad
- Cold Weather House Training
- Clicker Training for Cats (2/6)
- Counterconditioning Leash Reactivity, the Hybrid Approach
- Separation anxiety: 7 reasons why you need to have strong support
- Does Your Training Language Potentially Compromise Your Credibility With the Medical Community?
- So Easy to Miscue …
- Ensuring Festive Fun For Fido!
- Are You SURE Your Dog Prefers That Food Toy?
- Santa Claus May Scare Dogs
- An Open Letter to Pet Industry Representatives Regarding the Use of Shock in Animal Training, Management and Care: We now know enough to stop shocking our pets
- Making Peace with Muzzles
Daily Archives: March 12, 2014
By Niki Tudge There are so many inaccurate facts that need to be dispelled about dogs and the dog training industry. The use of dominance theory and the necessity to be a pack leader using this dominance theory is one … Continue reading
by Dr. Peter Dobias, DVM Read the full blog here Why can collars cause hypothyroidism and other health problems Learn about better alternatives. Before you start reading the following lines, I invite you to do a little test. Open your … Continue reading