Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Preventing Dog Reactivity with a Barrier
- Dogs Require Daily Enrichment
- An Open Letter To Pet Retailers Concerning The Availability of Pet Training and Management Devices That Deliver Electric Shock
- Burnout: When Trying to Do Good Makes You Feel Bad
- Cold Weather House Training
- Clicker Training for Cats (2/6)
- Counterconditioning Leash Reactivity, the Hybrid Approach
- Separation anxiety: 7 reasons why you need to have strong support
- Does Your Training Language Potentially Compromise Your Credibility With the Medical Community?
- So Easy to Miscue …
- Ensuring Festive Fun For Fido!
- Are You SURE Your Dog Prefers That Food Toy?
- Santa Claus May Scare Dogs
- An Open Letter to Pet Industry Representatives Regarding the Use of Shock in Animal Training, Management and Care: We now know enough to stop shocking our pets
- Making Peace with Muzzles
Daily Archives: April 21, 2015
PPG World Service is the official international e-Radio web-casting arm of The Pet Professional Guild. The mission of PPG World Service is “Global News & Views on Force-Free Pet Care” and will serve as an advocacy forum for force-free dog … Continue reading
They don’t call them “man’s best friend” for nothing! Domestic dogs have for thousands of years lived with humans in various capacities, from aiding in hunting to protecting livestock. In order to perform these functions, dogs learned to communicate with … Continue reading