Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a professional membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to force-free training and pet care philosophies practices and methods. Pet Professional Guild Members Understand Force-Free to mean: No Shock, No Pain, No Choke, No Fear, No Physical Force, No physical Molding, No Compulsion Based Methods are employed to train or care for a pet.
Find a recent Blog
- The Right Touch
- Emotion or Reason: Influencing Clients!
- Using C-BARQ as an Assessment Tool
- Pet Professional Guild publishes open letter to pet industry associations on the use of shock
- Thoughts on the Controversy over “A Dog’s Purpose”
- Finding the Underlying Cause for Barking
- Dominance in Canine Behavior: Reality or Myth?
- Transparency in Training and Behavior
- Latent Learning: The Original Definition
- The Words We Use!
- Pet Professional Guild Releases Schedule, Opens Registration for 2017 Summit
- Marshmallow Tests for Dogs
- Insecure Teenage Dogs at the Off Leash Park
- Pet Professional Guild announces scholarship program for members to further force-free education
- Words Matter
Monthly Archives: January 2017
A guide dog partner, Deni Elliott, devised a dog version of the marshmallow test for her guide dog. She administered it to her guide Alberta a few years ago. Alberta did well; she actually did many of the things that … Continue reading
Eligible candidates can apply for educational opportunities that support PPG’s stance on avoiding the use of aversive methods and equipment in animal care and training WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. – Jan. 17, 2017 – PRLog — The Pet Professional Guild (PPG) … Continue reading
By Don Hanson BFRAP CDBC ACCBC CPDT-KA Dog lovers use a variety of words when talking about their favorite subject. Sometimes we use a word because it is it is the only one we know, or sometimes we use a … Continue reading
Expresses concern that, in an unregulated industry, pet owners may be referred to individuals who do not use scientific protocols or adhere to the premise to do no harm, regardless of credentials WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. – Jan. 16, 2017 – … Continue reading
Conventional annual summit in Orlando, Florida will be supplemented with practical, multi-species behavior and training workshops in Kanab, Utah WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. – Jan. 9, 2017 – The Pet Professional Guild (PPG) has announced the dates and location of this … Continue reading
Pet Professional Guild Press Release Pet Professional Guild (PPG) has released a new position statement on so-called “pet correction devices” that are used for the management, training and care of pets. PPG does not recommend such devices and the move … Continue reading