Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a professional membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to force-free training and pet care philosophies practices and methods. Pet Professional Guild Members Understand Force-Free to mean: No Shock, No Pain, No Choke, No Fear, No Physical Force, No physical Molding, No Compulsion Based Methods are employed to train or care for a pet.
Find a recent Blog
- Finding the Underlying Cause for Barking
- Dominance in Canine Behavior: Reality or Myth?
- Transparency in Training and Behavior
- Latent Learning: The Original Definition
- The Words We Use!
- Pet Professional Guild Releases Schedule, Opens Registration for 2017 Summit
- Marshmallow Tests for Dogs
- Insecure Teenage Dogs at the Off Leash Park
- Pet Professional Guild announces scholarship program for members to further force-free education
- Words Matter
- PPG Publishes Open Letter to Veterinarians on Referrals to Training and Behavior Professionals
- Pet Professional Guild Announces New Look, Innovative Educational Events for 2017 and 2018
- Pet Professional Guild Releases Position Statement on Pet Correction Devices
- Natural vs. Contrived Negative Reinforcement
- Countering The Aversive
Monthly Archives: February 2017
Go to any online dog forum and the question will come up rather sooner than later: My dog barks, what should I do? The advice then often starts with citronella or even shock collars, rattle cans, and other unpleasant devices … Continue reading
By Don Hanson BFRAP CDBC ACCBC CPDT-KA It was in the September of 2002 that the first version of this article appeared in Paw Prints, the Green Acres Kennel Shop newsletter. I update the article on a regular basis because … Continue reading
Those in the world of canine training and behavior know there is a wide gap between philosophy and methods employed by professionals, and even some rifts between professional organizations. It can be confusing for those of us in the field, … Continue reading
Latent learning has a precise definition in learning theory and it’s not what many people think. It’s not magic learning that happens during downtime–at least not in the way people assume. It is not a sudden better performance after a … Continue reading
Educational summit in Orlando, Florida will feature a wide range of renowned speakers, hands-on labs, academic sessions with new Ph.D presenters, package and payment options, plus an event app to keep registrants up-to-date TAMPA, Fla. – Jan. 31, 2017 – … Continue reading