Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- With Her Tail between Her Legs
- Being Your Dog’s Best Advocate
- An Open Letter to County Commissioners re: Consumer Transparency – the Methods Used in Animal Training, Care and Management Will Protect Pets, Their Owners, Local Residents and the Public at Large
- Why Become Credentialed?
- Case Study: Introducing a New Dog to Resident Cats
- Type-Delete-Reset. Manage your Social Media Activity. Your friendships, business and mental health deserve it!
- Partying or panicking? How to be a separation anxiety sleuth
- Bring Your Dog Inside, Have a Better Relationship and Much More Fun
- Prepare Clients for Potential Emergencies
- How to Teach Your Deaf (and Blind) Dog to be Quiet
- Spook Night, Fireworks and Dogs Don’t Mix!
- Why Prong Collars Hurt
- Halloween Hazards for Pets
- An Open Letter To Pet Owners About The Pet Professional Guild’s Shock-Free Coalition
- Just Say No to Saying “NO!”
Daily Archives: November 6, 2017
I used clicker training to help introduce my newly adopted dog, Ness, to the four cats in my household. Ness was under-socialized and had no experience with cats prior to adoption. The cats had only occasional exposure to visiting dogs … Continue reading