Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Animal Abuse Harms People Too
- Higher-Order Conditioning: Did it Happen To My Dog?
- Thunderphobia in Dogs
- The Science of Force-Free Learning: How Our Pets Learn!
- Clicker Training for Cats (4/6)
- A Change in Routine Can Be a Shock to the System for Dogs too
- Teach Old Dogs New Games
- Give Me a Break!
- Quality of Life for Blind/Deaf Dogs
- Why Every Cat Needs a Place to Hide
- The Opposite of Force
- Zoophilia*: A Hidden Horror for Animals
- An Open Letter to Veterinarians on Referrals to Training and Behavior Professionals: Recommended Best Practices
- New Puppy – What Now?
- Clicker Training for Cats (3/6)
Daily Archives: December 12, 2017
People around the world enjoy the winter season and many nations celebrate a version of Saint Nicholas. In the United States I witnessed an increase in commercialization and marketing hype since I was a child and Christmas decorations now appear … Continue reading
An Open Letter to Pet Industry Representatives Regarding the Use of Shock in Animal Training, Management and Care: We now know enough to stop shocking our pets
Shocking pet dogs remains a common, if controversial, training practice worldwide. In this open letter, Pet Professional Guild (PPG) combines decades of research, the opinions of certified animal behaviorists, and the question of ethics to explain why using electric shock … Continue reading