Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Mama Dogs Don’t Use Treats…..
- What’s a Functional Assessment in Dog Training? (And Why You Should Care)
- Retractable Leashes Are Risky
- The Pet Professional Guild Position Statement on the Use of Shock in Animal Training
- Encouraging Play and Activity with Newly Blind Dogs
- Clicker Training for Cats (5/6)
- The Neurological Benefits of Counter Conditioning Leash Reactive Dogs
- A Plug for Play
- Talking to Dogs
- Added Brainpower!
- Does a Deaf (and Blind) Dog Need a Hearing Dog Buddy?
- Animal Abuse Harms People Too
- Higher-Order Conditioning: Did it Happen To My Dog?
- Thunderphobia in Dogs
- The Science of Force-Free Learning: How Our Pets Learn!
Daily Archives: February 12, 2018
An Open Letter to Veterinarians on Referrals to Training and Behavior Professionals: Recommended Best Practices
Dear Veterinarian, There are numerous professional organizations that offer membership and credentials in the field of animal training and behavior. Few, however, hold their members to a strict code of conduct which involves the application of their trade through scientific … Continue reading