Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Santa Claus May Scare Dogs
- An Open Letter to Pet Industry Representatives Regarding the Use of Shock in Animal Training, Management and Care: We now know enough to stop shocking our pets
- Making Peace with Muzzles
- How to Teach Your Deaf (and Blind) Dog to Wake Up Gently
- Clicker Training for Cats (1/6)
- Why do food rewards win, but not for separation anxiety?
- Rehomed dogs – Expectations and Reality
- Dogs Are Better Partners to Humans Than to Other Dogs
- With Her Tail between Her Legs
- Being Your Dog’s Best Advocate
- An Open Letter to County Commissioners re: Consumer Transparency – the Methods Used in Animal Training, Care and Management Will Protect Pets, Their Owners, Local Residents and the Public at Large
- Why Become Credentialed?
- Case Study: Introducing a New Dog to Resident Cats
- Type-Delete-Reset. Manage your Social Media Activity. Your friendships, business and mental health deserve it!
- Partying or panicking? How to be a separation anxiety sleuth
Author Archives: Margaret Gray
When you’re teaching people to use luring, it can be hard for them to actually find their dog’s nose. And then it can be hard for them to put that tasty treat that they’re using to lure the behaviour right up close to the … Continue reading
When the lady called me she explained the situation: the dog actually belonged to her son but as he was away at university 3, 4 or even 5 days a week, she looked after the dog during the week. He was … Continue reading
Click – treat, click – treat, click – treat. As trainers, we all know what is going on here; someone is conditioning a clicker. But the lines can get blurred from here. First we click and treat until the animal … Continue reading