Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a professional membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to force-free training and pet care philosophies practices and methods. Pet Professional Guild Members Understand Force-Free to mean: No Shock, No Pain, No Choke, No Fear, No Physical Force, No physical Molding, No Compulsion Based Methods are employed to train or care for a pet.
Find a recent Blog
- Finding the Underlying Cause for Barking
- Dominance in Canine Behavior: Reality or Myth?
- Transparency in Training and Behavior
- Latent Learning: The Original Definition
- The Words We Use!
- Pet Professional Guild Releases Schedule, Opens Registration for 2017 Summit
- Marshmallow Tests for Dogs
- Insecure Teenage Dogs at the Off Leash Park
- Pet Professional Guild announces scholarship program for members to further force-free education
- Words Matter
- PPG Publishes Open Letter to Veterinarians on Referrals to Training and Behavior Professionals
- Pet Professional Guild Announces New Look, Innovative Educational Events for 2017 and 2018
- Pet Professional Guild Releases Position Statement on Pet Correction Devices
- Natural vs. Contrived Negative Reinforcement
- Countering The Aversive
Category Archives: Personal Development
The PPGBI Mini Educational Summit, which took place in early September at the Leeds Mercure Parkway hotel in Yorkshire, England, was a roaring success. Much fun was had on the first night as the attendees started to gather, register and … Continue reading
By Joanne Ometz I am a graduate of Turid Rugaas’ first US offering of her dog behavior counselor/trainer certification course. Most people in the US know Rugaas for her book, On Talking Terms with Dogs, and the study of canine body language … Continue reading
I’m sure others might feel the same way as I have recently so I have decided to share this as I have found a positive way forward if one is feeling somewhat burned out… The last few months I’ve been … Continue reading
by Niki Tudge The signs of work and personal time imbalance are unmistakable. Every day we hear of people in our industry suffering from poor health, burnout and stress. If you recognize the signs of imbalance in your own life, … Continue reading