Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Mama Dogs Don’t Use Treats…..
- What’s a Functional Assessment in Dog Training? (And Why You Should Care)
- Retractable Leashes Are Risky
- The Pet Professional Guild Position Statement on the Use of Shock in Animal Training
- Encouraging Play and Activity with Newly Blind Dogs
- Clicker Training for Cats (5/6)
- The Neurological Benefits of Counter Conditioning Leash Reactive Dogs
- A Plug for Play
- Talking to Dogs
- Added Brainpower!
- Does a Deaf (and Blind) Dog Need a Hearing Dog Buddy?
- Animal Abuse Harms People Too
- Higher-Order Conditioning: Did it Happen To My Dog?
- Thunderphobia in Dogs
- The Science of Force-Free Learning: How Our Pets Learn!
Tag Archives: Adaptil
As a professional dog trainer 60% of my cases are behavioral in nature. Training is about teaching dogs (and owners) how to do things while behavioral cases usually involve changing underlying emotional states such as anxiety, stress and fear. I often … Continue reading