Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Give Me a Break!
- Quality of Life for Blind/Deaf Dogs
- Why Every Cat Needs a Place to Hide
- The Opposite of Force
- Zoophilia*: A Hidden Horror for Animals
- An Open Letter to Veterinarians on Referrals to Training and Behavior Professionals: Recommended Best Practices
- New Puppy – What Now?
- Clicker Training for Cats (3/6)
- The High and (Sometimes) Woes Of Puppy Parenting: What They Don’t Tell You!
- Tracking Training
- Did you cause your dog’s separation anxiety?
- How to Make Medicating Your Cat Easy
- New Delta Rules Signal Tightening Up of Rules for Service, Emotional Support Animals
- Teaching Deaf (and Blind) Dogs to Use Their Mouths Gently
- Preventing Dog Reactivity with a Barrier
Tag Archives: choke collars
Recently I persuaded a local pet supply store owner to sell me all his choke collars (at cost) and refrain from restocking them, in return for recommendations for safe body harnesses such as Perfect Fit and Balance. He was persuaded … Continue reading
When I first learned of the Pet Professional Guild (PPG) I had just recently worked with a handsome little elderly dog named Pete and acquired my first shock collar. Rough handling turned Pete into a hand-biter; adding a shock collar made … Continue reading
Recently I learned of a trainer whose specialty is working with hunting dogs. For the purpose of this blog I will call him Bob, mostly because I like that name, and I like the trainer. The majority of hunting dog … Continue reading