Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Santa Claus May Scare Dogs
- An Open Letter to Pet Industry Representatives Regarding the Use of Shock in Animal Training, Management and Care: We now know enough to stop shocking our pets
- Making Peace with Muzzles
- How to Teach Your Deaf (and Blind) Dog to Wake Up Gently
- Clicker Training for Cats (1/6)
- Why do food rewards win, but not for separation anxiety?
- Rehomed dogs – Expectations and Reality
- Dogs Are Better Partners to Humans Than to Other Dogs
- With Her Tail between Her Legs
- Being Your Dog’s Best Advocate
- An Open Letter to County Commissioners re: Consumer Transparency – the Methods Used in Animal Training, Care and Management Will Protect Pets, Their Owners, Local Residents and the Public at Large
- Why Become Credentialed?
- Case Study: Introducing a New Dog to Resident Cats
- Type-Delete-Reset. Manage your Social Media Activity. Your friendships, business and mental health deserve it!
- Partying or panicking? How to be a separation anxiety sleuth
Tag Archives: competition
By Joanne Ometz I am a graduate of Turid Rugaas’ first US offering of her dog behavior counselor/trainer certification course. Most people in the US know Rugaas for her book, On Talking Terms with Dogs, and the study of canine body language … Continue reading
Tampa, FL – The Pet Professional Guild (PPG) is offering an unprecedented range of prizes to entice the participation of members, supporters and pet owners in its virtual community event, The International Day of Celebration for Force-Free Training and Pet … Continue reading
The Pet Professional Guild (PPG) has rolled out the guidelines for its second international virtual community event, The International Day of Celebration for Force-Free Training and Pet Care (ICFF). Taking place on 17 February each year to honor one of … Continue reading