Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Preventing Dog Reactivity with a Barrier
- Dogs Require Daily Enrichment
- An Open Letter To Pet Retailers Concerning The Availability of Pet Training and Management Devices That Deliver Electric Shock
- Burnout: When Trying to Do Good Makes You Feel Bad
- Cold Weather House Training
- Clicker Training for Cats (2/6)
- Counterconditioning Leash Reactivity, the Hybrid Approach
- Separation anxiety: 7 reasons why you need to have strong support
- Does Your Training Language Potentially Compromise Your Credibility With the Medical Community?
- So Easy to Miscue …
- Ensuring Festive Fun For Fido!
- Are You SURE Your Dog Prefers That Food Toy?
- Santa Claus May Scare Dogs
- An Open Letter to Pet Industry Representatives Regarding the Use of Shock in Animal Training, Management and Care: We now know enough to stop shocking our pets
- Making Peace with Muzzles
Tag Archives: dog owners
I’ll give you the moral of this story first: Make peace with muzzles. Be OK with dogs who wear them, applaud owners who use them, and put one on your own dog if the situation warrants it. Now I’ll tell … Continue reading
Some time ago I engaged in an online conversation with a dozen or more force-free trainers and the subject of professional certification came up. Most of the trainers had CPDT-KA credentials and some were considering letting them lapse because they … Continue reading