Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a professional membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to force-free training and pet care philosophies practices and methods. Pet Professional Guild Members Understand Force-Free to mean: No Shock, No Pain, No Choke, No Fear, No Physical Force, No physical Molding, No Compulsion Based Methods are employed to train or care for a pet.
Find a recent Blog
- Does Breed Specific Legislation Work?
- Labels and Limitations…..
- A Good Start in Life
- Dog Car Safety: Help – An Escapee!
- Cognitive Dog Training
- The Problem with Punishment
- Change Is Difficult – We Are Humans After All
- Local Enhancement and Socially Facilitated Behaviors in Dogs
- Putting More Tools in the Tool Kit
- A Lesson in Tolerance
- Body Language – Your Dog’s Native Tongue
- Service Dog Teams and Continuing Education
- Dog Park Etiquette
- What Is the Purpose of a Real Dog?
- Leave It: Not Just for Dead Men Anymore
Tag Archives: food
The Power of Motivation As a behaviour consultant meeting with clients who are seeking to alter their dog’s behaviour, I am always asking owners to think about their dog’s motivation – what is it for that individual dog that will assist … Continue reading
What you don’t know could kill your pet. Like all dog owners I want my pets to be healthy and enjoy a long life as members of our family. My first puppy, Samanatha, was the joy of my life and … Continue reading
The Oxford Dictionary defines ‘discipline’ as: ‘The practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.’ The word ‘discipline’ not only carries with it the baggage of “force” and “dominance,” but also a hint … Continue reading