Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a professional membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to force-free training and pet care philosophies practices and methods. Pet Professional Guild Members Understand Force-Free to mean: No Shock, No Pain, No Choke, No Fear, No Physical Force, No physical Molding, No Compulsion Based Methods are employed to train or care for a pet.
Find a recent Blog
- So Tell Me What You Want, What You Really Really Want: Nine Ways Preference Testing Can Go Wrong
- Does Breed Specific Legislation Work?
- Labels and Limitations…..
- A Good Start in Life
- Dog Car Safety: Help – An Escapee!
- Cognitive Dog Training
- The Problem with Punishment
- Change Is Difficult – We Are Humans After All
- Local Enhancement and Socially Facilitated Behaviors in Dogs
- Putting More Tools in the Tool Kit
- A Lesson in Tolerance
- Body Language – Your Dog’s Native Tongue
- Service Dog Teams and Continuing Education
- Dog Park Etiquette
- What Is the Purpose of a Real Dog?
Tag Archives: horses
By Sara Richter CPDT-KA As an equestrian coach and riding instructor, most of the clients that I work with come to me with a pre-existing knowledge of traditional horsemanship. One of the most prevalent challenges that I face in my … Continue reading
I’m sure others might feel the same way as I have recently so I have decided to share this as I have found a positive way forward if one is feeling somewhat burned out… The last few months I’ve been … Continue reading
When we’re called out to training and behavior consultations it’s so easy to get completely focused on the animal in front of us. Swept along in the human client’s description of what is going on but, what about the perspective … Continue reading
As Jane Goodall pointed out in an article this week, story-telling is sometimes the best way to share ideas and information. So, I thought I’d share an experience I had with a brilliant trainer utilising her empathic observation on me … Continue reading