Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- With Her Tail between Her Legs
- Being Your Dog’s Best Advocate
- An Open Letter to County Commissioners re: Consumer Transparency – the Methods Used in Animal Training, Care and Management Will Protect Pets, Their Owners, Local Residents and the Public at Large
- Why Become Credentialed?
- Case Study: Introducing a New Dog to Resident Cats
- Type-Delete-Reset. Manage your Social Media Activity. Your friendships, business and mental health deserve it!
- Partying or panicking? How to be a separation anxiety sleuth
- Bring Your Dog Inside, Have a Better Relationship and Much More Fun
- Prepare Clients for Potential Emergencies
- How to Teach Your Deaf (and Blind) Dog to be Quiet
- Spook Night, Fireworks and Dogs Don’t Mix!
- Why Prong Collars Hurt
- Halloween Hazards for Pets
- An Open Letter To Pet Owners About The Pet Professional Guild’s Shock-Free Coalition
- Just Say No to Saying “NO!”
Tag Archives: Kong
Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. A bag full of treats and scary costumes make me happy, but these things can be a real terror for some pets. Hazards come in two flavors: environmental and edibles. I once trained … Continue reading
Chewing is natural, it helps to clean teeth and relieve stress. Puppies need to chew, but they also need to learn what to chew. Safe chew toys: Kongs, chew toys designed for dogs Not safe chew toys: Furniture, small children’s toys, … Continue reading
“How much exercise does my dog need?” This question sounds straightforward enough, but peel it apart and you’ll find it has several layers. Inquiring dog owners crave reassurance that they’re doing right by their dogs, meeting their needs. Also embedded in … Continue reading