Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Give Me a Break!
- Quality of Life for Blind/Deaf Dogs
- Why Every Cat Needs a Place to Hide
- The Opposite of Force
- Zoophilia*: A Hidden Horror for Animals
- An Open Letter to Veterinarians on Referrals to Training and Behavior Professionals: Recommended Best Practices
- New Puppy – What Now?
- Clicker Training for Cats (3/6)
- The High and (Sometimes) Woes Of Puppy Parenting: What They Don’t Tell You!
- Tracking Training
- Did you cause your dog’s separation anxiety?
- How to Make Medicating Your Cat Easy
- New Delta Rules Signal Tightening Up of Rules for Service, Emotional Support Animals
- Teaching Deaf (and Blind) Dogs to Use Their Mouths Gently
- Preventing Dog Reactivity with a Barrier
Tag Archives: Kong
Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. A bag full of treats and scary costumes make me happy, but these things can be a real terror for some pets. Hazards come in two flavors: environmental and edibles. I once trained … Continue reading
Chewing is natural, it helps to clean teeth and relieve stress. Puppies need to chew, but they also need to learn what to chew. Safe chew toys: Kongs, chew toys designed for dogs Not safe chew toys: Furniture, small children’s toys, … Continue reading
“How much exercise does my dog need?” This question sounds straightforward enough, but peel it apart and you’ll find it has several layers. Inquiring dog owners crave reassurance that they’re doing right by their dogs, meeting their needs. Also embedded in … Continue reading