Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Does a Deaf (and Blind) Dog Need a Hearing Dog Buddy?
- Animal Abuse Harms People Too
- Higher-Order Conditioning: Did it Happen To My Dog?
- Thunderphobia in Dogs
- The Science of Force-Free Learning: How Our Pets Learn!
- Clicker Training for Cats (4/6)
- A Change in Routine Can Be a Shock to the System for Dogs too
- Teach Old Dogs New Games
- Give Me a Break!
- Quality of Life for Blind/Deaf Dogs
- Why Every Cat Needs a Place to Hide
- The Opposite of Force
- Zoophilia*: A Hidden Horror for Animals
- An Open Letter to Veterinarians on Referrals to Training and Behavior Professionals: Recommended Best Practices
- New Puppy – What Now?
Tag Archives: networking
When I opened my new dog training and behavior consulting business four months ago, I reached out to local veterinarians, groomers and boarding facilities. I also took a little time to research other trainers in my area to see who … Continue reading
You may be wondering what exactly are the benefits of joining a member organization such as PPG so we’ve decided to help you out by listing a mere … Continue reading
I attended my first professional dog training conference in 2003. I can still remember how excited I was and how much information crowded into my new to dog training brain. It was a wonderful experience that subsequent conferences have never … Continue reading