Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- With Her Tail between Her Legs
- Being Your Dog’s Best Advocate
- An Open Letter to County Commissioners re: Consumer Transparency – the Methods Used in Animal Training, Care and Management Will Protect Pets, Their Owners, Local Residents and the Public at Large
- Why Become Credentialed?
- Case Study: Introducing a New Dog to Resident Cats
- Type-Delete-Reset. Manage your Social Media Activity. Your friendships, business and mental health deserve it!
- Partying or panicking? How to be a separation anxiety sleuth
- Bring Your Dog Inside, Have a Better Relationship and Much More Fun
- Prepare Clients for Potential Emergencies
- How to Teach Your Deaf (and Blind) Dog to be Quiet
- Spook Night, Fireworks and Dogs Don’t Mix!
- Why Prong Collars Hurt
- Halloween Hazards for Pets
- An Open Letter To Pet Owners About The Pet Professional Guild’s Shock-Free Coalition
- Just Say No to Saying “NO!”
Tag Archives: puppies
Talk about a tough graduate research assignment: Watching puppy videos. Where can I sign up? Seriously … it’s been done. A research team watched hundreds of hours of video of puppies interacting with their moms. The goal was to evaluate … Continue reading
Chewing is natural, it helps to clean teeth and relieve stress. Puppies need to chew, but they also need to learn what to chew. Safe chew toys: Kongs, chew toys designed for dogs Not safe chew toys: Furniture, small children’s toys, … Continue reading
Thanksgiving can be such a special day, full of family, friends, and if you’re like me, the family dog. It is a day to show gratitude for everything you have. For many, it’s a time for large family gatherings, football, … Continue reading
National Puppy Mill Awareness Day falls on September 27, 2015 and the Pet Professional Guild (PPG) has partnered with renowned dog trainer, television personality and PPG Special Counsel member, Victoria Stilwell, in an effort to highlight the plight of millions … Continue reading