Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to results based, science based force-free training and pet care. Become a steward of the science based, results based force-free message, philosophy and training practices1
Find a recent Blog
- Give Me a Break!
- Quality of Life for Blind/Deaf Dogs
- Why Every Cat Needs a Place to Hide
- The Opposite of Force
- Zoophilia*: A Hidden Horror for Animals
- An Open Letter to Veterinarians on Referrals to Training and Behavior Professionals: Recommended Best Practices
- New Puppy – What Now?
- Clicker Training for Cats (3/6)
- The High and (Sometimes) Woes Of Puppy Parenting: What They Don’t Tell You!
- Tracking Training
- Did you cause your dog’s separation anxiety?
- How to Make Medicating Your Cat Easy
- New Delta Rules Signal Tightening Up of Rules for Service, Emotional Support Animals
- Teaching Deaf (and Blind) Dogs to Use Their Mouths Gently
- Preventing Dog Reactivity with a Barrier
Tag Archives: startle device
Let’s pretend you saw an ad for a new dog training product. It read something like this: Introducing the Noise-Aided Obedience Device (NOD)! Never have trouble with your dog again. When you jerk or flap the lead attached to your … Continue reading
Expresses concern that, in an unregulated industry, pet owners may be referred to individuals who do not use scientific protocols or adhere to the premise to do no harm, regardless of credentials WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. – Jan. 16, 2017 – … Continue reading