Follow Blog via Email
The Pet Professional GuildThe Pet Professional Guild is a professional membership organization representing pet industry professionals who are committed to force-free training and pet care philosophies practices and methods. Pet Professional Guild Members Understand Force-Free to mean: No Shock, No Pain, No Choke, No Fear, No Physical Force, No physical Molding, No Compulsion Based Methods are employed to train or care for a pet.
Find a recent Blog
- Does Breed Specific Legislation Work?
- Labels and Limitations…..
- A Good Start in Life
- Dog Car Safety: Help – An Escapee!
- Cognitive Dog Training
- The Problem with Punishment
- Change Is Difficult – We Are Humans After All
- Local Enhancement and Socially Facilitated Behaviors in Dogs
- Putting More Tools in the Tool Kit
- A Lesson in Tolerance
- Body Language – Your Dog’s Native Tongue
- Service Dog Teams and Continuing Education
- Dog Park Etiquette
- What Is the Purpose of a Real Dog?
- Leave It: Not Just for Dead Men Anymore
Tag Archives: teaching
Years ago in another life I was a music teacher. In addition to class music lessons for many years, I also taught the piano and the flute. What’s this got do do with dogs, you might ask. My pupils’ results showed I … Continue reading
By Veronica Boutelle MA Ed, CTC It’s funny sometimes the things you find yourself doing. I imagine doctors don’t anticipate spending half their lives wrangling with insurance companies when they first imagine what it would be like to help people … Continue reading
As I develop as a teacher I’ve been revisiting some of my experiences as learner, empathically engaging with my human clients who might be struggling with new skills. Being a good learner is something I last thought about seriously when … Continue reading